Friday 19 May 2017

My Art Dreamscapes

Hello Dear Art Friends!
Get ready for a beautiful new artwork from my Creative Team waiting here to inspire you this weekend!
Karolina made a magical mini album using a couple of tags, pretty papers, paints and some embellishments. You don't really need much to express yourself and create something special... Enjoy!

*   *   *   *
Hi everyone! I hope you have already begun your weekend and have found (or you're planning to find!) a moment to get your fingers dirty. :)

Today I'd like to show you my new project - a mini mixed media album that I created just for myself.
I used the amazing ,,Dreamscapes" collection from 7 Dots Studio because I realized that the words that are on the stickers describe me and my life just perfectly at the moment.
I hope I have managed to express my soul and heart in this small artful album.
You will be able to follow my creative process in the video you'll find below.
First of all, I created multiple layers on each of the tags that are the base of my album and I did it with paper, bits of gauze and sisal fiber.
As you can see, many of the papers have distressed, uneven edges - it's such a simple trick to add depth and interest to your piece.
Next I glued the sentiments stickers, die-cut elements and Mechanicals metal embellishments.
I love this kind of combination - the possibilities are endless and you can easily give your project a multi dimensional character and a different style each time.
Gesso also played an important role in creating this piece.
I believe that  everyone who works with paper and mixed media should have all the colors of gesso - White, Black & Clear (and you can get them in a 3 pack too!). Why so?
Gesso gives you so many possibilities - in case of this album the White one unified the composition and Black Gesso mixed with water let me create some beautiful delicate splashes.
As for the Clear Gesso - I love the Dreamscapes papers so much and I didn't want them to get 'lost' under the paints and other media. A layer of Clear Gesso makes it easy to protect the bits you want to keep visible.
In my project I also used the beautiful Art Alchemy acrylic paints.
My very favorite shades are Metallique Vintage Rose, Steampunk Copper, Emerald Green and I simply couldn't do without the my number 1 - Opal Magic Rose Gold. (see links below) I'm really curious: which Art Alchemy colors are you must-haves? :)
Here's my 'making of' video - I hope you'll feel inspired!




My soulful mini album is a bit messy, filled with my thoughts and my favorite colors.

There's a drop of melancholy too and a lot of me and my art.

I hope you like it and feel inspired to create your own mini book filled with all your favorite things, words, media and pretty embellishments.

And I hope you'll have as much fun as I did! :)
Have a creative weekend!




Products used:

9 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thank you for the lovely video. You gave me some wonderful inspiration on this dark, gloomy, rainy day. Wonderful layers and beautiful touches of colors. Your designs are always lovely. Enjoy a lovely weekend.

Elena Martynova said...

This is wonderful!

Kate Yetter said...

Your mixed media album is stunning!I love how you splatter all that ink and have fibers coming out everywhere. Do you use cheesecloth? I am going to go watch your video now. Thank you for tonz of inspiring projects.
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Such a delicate piece, I love the thought of having each tag carrying things so precious to you Karolina and all keep close together contained together as a mini album. An inspiring and special piece. Thank you for sharing.. Tracey x

Karolina Bukowska said...

Thank you so much ladies!!!!

Kate I used medical gauze:)


Nicole Robinson said...

Such a beautiful album! So many wonderful details!!

selena said...

il est magnifiqUE, J ADORE!

Gitte said...

Beautiful.

Lemon Creation said...

Love your mini album! The choice of colors and texture- so beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...