Monday 6 March 2017

Everyone Has A Story

Hello Everyone!
Are you ready for another inspiring artful Monday with my Creative Team? :)
Kasia's sharing this charming delicate mixed media piece accompanied by a video tutorial and some really creative ideas to create your own embellishments. Enjoy!

*   *   *   *
Hello, it's Kasia here with my new project. This time I set off feeling like making something with a fresh, modern feel, using strong, bright colors.
And as you will see in the video below, it started quite well. But at some point my work somehow turned into a path called "vintage". ;)
I think it's all because of these amazing Vintage Collectibles Ephemera pictures, I love to work with them! They look so authentic, I always have the feeling that I create projects using real family photos.
In this project, I used some recycled stuff. First of all, I took leftovers from chipboards and made a background.
And then it was enough to add colors with Mica Powders and Art Alchemy paints, and I was able to create a glamorous, rich background.

I also found in my junk box some transparent plastic circles. I stamped them with some Vintage Vanity 'Book' text stamp. You have to use permanent ink for that, e.g. StazOn ink. It works great on smooth surfaces.
I encourage you to come up with and make your own embellishments - they will be unique and add a very personal touch to your artworks.
You know how much I love layers. So also in this project I couldn't resist and I created a dimensional, 'piled up' composition.
I used papers and add-ons from 7 Dots Studio. All separated with pieces of cardboard. I don't like to use foam tape - as I use the heat tool all the time, when in contact with high temperature, the foam tape tends to fall off.
Please enjoy my video and if you have any questions, don't hesistate to ask.



I'd like to encourage you to reach for the photos that truly speak to you.
Each of them carries an inspiring story which makes it so easy to make a special art piece and adds a unique charm to your creations.

xx










Products used:


5 comments:

Kim Collister Studio said...

Gorgeous in everyway!!!

Irene said...

so beautiful!

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous, love it ;O))

Words and Pictures said...

This is beautiful. Love those layered tags and wonderful splatter.
Alison x

S@ndy Diller said...

Loved watching you make this - so fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...